Who am I
My name is Achim Nierbeck
I live in Karlsruhe Germany and I’m a Senior IT Consultant (also Scrum Master) at Codecentric in Karlsruhe.
I have knowledge in different JEE servers like JBoss, Weblogic, Websphere. In the last couple years I focused on effective modularization of Software, and in turn started a lot of learning how to do an effective Architecture with OSGi.
- Monitoring Apache Cassandra with Apache Karaf
- SMACK Stack DC/OS Style
- IoT Analytics Platform
- Combining Apache Cassandra with Apache Karaf
Publications in the german JavaMagazin (of course in German):
- 2014/12 – Elchtest – ELK jenseits der HTTP-Access-Logs
- 2014/07 – Webanwendungen mit Apache Karaf – Teil 3: Webvisualisierung im Zusammenspiel mit Pax Web
- 2014/06 – Karaf 3.0 im Enterprise – Teil 2: Aufbau einer JPA-Anwendung
- 2014/05 – Ein OSGi Container wird erwachsen – Teil 1: Grundlagen und Neuigkeiten
- 10/2014 – now — Senior IT Conusltant at Codecentric AG, Karlsruhe
- 04/2013 – 09/2014 — Snr. Developer / Architect / Project Manager / SCRUM Master at Inovex GmbH, Karlsruhe
- 04/2011 – 03/2013 — Snr. Developer/Solution Architect at ISB-AG, Karlsruhe
- 04/2006 – 03/2011 — Snr. Developer / Architect / SCRUM Master PTV AG, Karlsruhe
- 07/2005 – 03/2006 — Snr. Developer / JEE Architect Compex Systemhaus GmbH, Heidelberg
- 09/2001 – 06/2005 — JEE Developer / Technical Lead Gillardon AG, Frankfurt
- Dynamic Information system for travelers with the DB – This Project was based on Apache Camel in conjunction with EJB and JBoss 7. The application transformed text messages to Information posted to the displays by MQTT and VoIP as audio message.
- Automatic Import of Catalog Data for Online Catalogue – This project was a custom project based on Apache Camel, Apache Karaf, Apache ActiveMQ, Apache Wicket. The Catalogue data of the previous project needed to be imported into a System to transform it to the Online Catalogue DB format. All of this needed to be automatic with custom interference points including re-try.
- Automatic Import system for Catalogue Data – This Project had been a custom project based on Apache Camel, .NET web-services and Tomcat. Large information blocks needed to be imported and transformed into a Catalog system for the Automobile AfterMarket.
- Trafic information system for a big French company – Project based on the PTV-TrafficPlatform.
- Mobiltiy Portal for Oil-station company – Project based on PTV-MobilityPlatform.
- PTV – Mobility Platform – Geodata services based on PTV XServers, enhanced for broad usage. Additional combination of Products for easier usage, e.g. Drawing Map of chosen Route.
- PyDev – enhancements contributed back to the Open Source Project. Mainly remote debugging and conditional breakpoints.
- Software for Financial guidance – JEE Application based on Struts and EJB 2.1.
I’m a strong believer in open source and therefore support it.
Right now I’m a committer and PMC at the Apache Karaf Project and comitter of the OPS4j Pax Web Project. where I also toke over the Project lead since it was kind of abandoned. Since May 2014 I’m a member of the Apache Software Foundation.
When I started to work for PTV 2006 I was part of a great Scrum Dev team where I learned a lot about Scrum. It even turned out for me to be a Scrum Master and I got my certificate in 2009.
- DataStax Certified Developer on DataStax Enterprise
- Certified Architect on Apache Cassandra
- Certified Scrum Master
- Java EE
- OSGi – Enterprise
- Apache Karaf
- JBoss (3 to 7)
- Weblogic (6 to 8)
- PostgreSQL (incl. PostGIS)
I’m not related or somehow akin to Achim Nierbeck that lives in Osnabrück.
His webpage is www.nierbeck.com